Driven Diesel DD-73FS-FBD-REGKIT-RTN-V3 Regulated Return Kit Fuel Bowl Delete
V3 kits now shipping! V3 updates include a new fuel bowl delete bracket and new 3/8" S.S. front supply tubes, a new simpler fuel return connection and the optional upgrade to completely replace your entire fuel return line from the regulator back to the tank (for customers with rusted or damaged OEM fuel lines).
The Driven Diesel " Fuel Bowl Delete" Regulated Return Kit for the 99-03 Powerstroke Super Duty takes our popular "Standard" Regulated Return Kit to a new level. Just like our "Standard" version, this kit eliminates the "dead-head" stock fuel rails and provides adjustable fuel pressure capability to the Powerstroke fuel system. This is accomplished by tying the end of each fuel rail together through a Bypass Fuel Pressure Regulator. In addition, the "Bowl Delete" Regulated Return kit also eliminates the restrictive fuel filter bowl, improving fuel flow to the heads and giving back some valuable engine valley room.
The primary benefits of this kit are significantly increased fuel flow "through" the heads, eliminating fuel delivery and noise issues associated with the #8 injector and ensuring that every fuel injector has adequate fuel quantity and pressure all the time. Additionally, any air that may develop in the fuel system can pass through the heads and out the regulators return port to the tank, instead of through the fuel injectors...resulting in increased injector life and less injector noise. If you are installing new injectors (stock or aftermarket), we HIGHLY RECOMMEND one of our Regulated Return kits to protect your investment and maximize your performance!
If your OEM metal fuel return line along your frame is damaged, rusted or leaking, and you want/need to replace it, see the PRODUCT OPTIONS section for the REPLACEMENT RETURN HOSE upgrade. This upgrade will provide you with enough 5/16" fuel line to run a fresh connection from the bottom of our fuel pressure regulator all the way back to your fuel tank.
Check out our High Flow Banjo Bolt Kits, they are a breeze to put in when you already have the truck apart for a Regulated Return installation.
A mini tubing cutter is needed for this installation. If you don't have one, we have added one to the product options.
The most commonly reported results from the installation of an Driven Diesel Regulated Return Kit are:
• Quieter Engine Operation
• Improved Throttle Response
• Increased Power Output
• Increased Fuel Economy
Below are some of the key features of the Driven Diesel Regulated Return Kits:
• Fits with Both Stock and Aftermarket Turbocharger Applications
• Compatible with Direct Replacement Single HPOP Setups
• Compatible with "Terminator" Twin (inline) HPOP Setups
• NOT Compatible with Vertically Stacked Dual HPOP Setups
• High Quality Fuelab Bypass Fuel Pressure Regulator **
• Custom Machined Fuel Bowl Delete Block **
• 3/8" CNC Bent S.S. Hard Line from Bowl Delete Block to Front Fuel Ports in Heads *
• 3/8" CNC Bent S.S. Hard Line Used at High Temperature / Tight Radius Rear Locations *
• High Quality 3/8" S.S. Braided Teflon Hoses with BLACK Protective Covering *
(Black Covering Prevents Abrasion Damage to Hoses and Surrounding Parts)
• Custom T-304 S.S. Regulator Mounting Bracket **
• Custom T-304 S.S. Fuel Bowl Delete Block Mounting Bracket **
• Custom Driven Diesel Liquid Filled Fuel Pressure Gauge
• All Kits Feed Front Ports (away from Turbo Heat) and Return from Rear Ports
• Complete Kit with All Necessary Parts and Detailed COLOR Instructions
• NICEST REGULATED RETURN KIT AVAILABLE...PERIOD!
NOTE: WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ITEMS LISTED IN THE FUEL SYSTEM COMPONENTS SECTION OF OUR WEBSITE, WE DO NOT SELL INDIVIDUAL PIECES OF OUR FUEL SYSTEMS.
BIO-DIESEL NOTE: While we've taken steps to significantly improve the bio-diesel compatibility of our fuel system kits, we still recommend bio concentrations of B20 or less. Higher concentrations can negatively impact the glues used to assemble most fuel filter elements.
*We make every attempt possible to source and use as much U.S. made product/material as we possibly can...as long as doing so doesn't sacrifice the quality of the final product. Items marked with a * above have been modified or assembled by U.S. workers in a U.S. shop. Items marked with ** above were ENTIRELY produced from U.S. material, in U.S. shops, by U.S. workers. We can't always control where every component of one of our products comes from, but you count on us to keep looking for ways to increase the % of American Made parts and materials in the products that we produce.
If you have a Fass Fuel system installed, you will need a 75psi replacement regulator spring for the pump. Fass pumps are non-adjustable and are set at 55psi from the factory. See related items bellow.